
On Day 5 we spent the morning and afternoon at Animal Kingdom. This was our first morning to have a breakfast character meal and I scheduled it for early at 8:05. I like being in the park early and being done with the meal right as the park opens. Of Course, I didn't plan for the weather to be in the 30's and windy. It was a very cold morning. We got to our bus stop a little before 7am. My parents did join us this morning with the early morning breakfast planned. The girls were so happy they started the day with us. We had our first little issue with the buses this morning because the Animal Kingdom bus never came. We waited and waited and then we finally had to get a taxi to take us. Which looking back on it I think if we ever eat that early at Animal Kingdom I will just take a taxi. It cost $25 but to not have to wait and get out there so early I would do it again. Since we took the taxi we got there with a little time to spare so we had to wait at the gate to get in. The girls were all bundled up. We then had breakfast at
Tusker House with Donald being the host. It is called Donald's Safari Breakfast. It was so great. The food was yummy! They also served Jungle Juice to everyone-it was passion fruit and orange juice. We saw Mickey, Daisy (the first time for her), and Goofy. Donald meets you outside for a pic. Then they do a parade with bells and dancing around. Fun!! After we ate it was time for the park to open so we headed straight to
Kilamajari Safari since our breakfast place was right next to it. We walked right on it and got to thinking it was so cold for this right now. Since it was so cold the animals were out everywhere. I have never seen so many animals so that was really neat. We then headed straight over to the first show of The Festival of the Lion King. It was excellent and inside (this was great
bc we were cold). Animal Kingdom has lots of trees so a lot of the park was very shaded which made it seem more cold. It was so cold that morning that Kali Rapids was even closed. After Lion King we split up from my mom and Katie and the rest of us headed to Expedition Everest. This was my dad's first time to ride it. We waited about 20 minutes for this ride. It was fun and we all enjoyed it. We then met up with my mom and Katie and my mom and dad left to go do there own thing. We did the rides in Dino Land. I rode Primeval Whirl with
Kylee (my least favorite ride in all the Disney parks,
Kylee didn't love it either). We then decided lets do Dinosaur. What were we thinking. Katie had become obsessed with drops in rides like she could tell you any ride that had even a tiny drop (poor girl Tower of Terror rocked her world). But since Dinosaur had no drops we did it. Let's just say the picture you see after the ride was hilarious.
Kylee had her ears covered and you could barely see Katie. We then went and saw
Nemo. It is such a cute show. This time however I slept through it (I only slept 4 hours the night before so I was tired!). We then went to do A Bug's Life.
Kylee has never liked this one and when the bugs leave and "crawl"around on your seat at the end just about did
Kylee in. We all got a good laugh even
Kylee but we will see if she will see it again. We had done just about everything we had time for except the parade. We discussed staying an extra hour but really wanted to get over to the Magic Kingdom. This parade was the only thing on our schedule the whole week that we skipped doing. I am sure it is great but we had done everything else so we left.
2 comments:
I totally agree about the Tusker House Breakfast and the double stroller for the Electrical Parade. We loved that breakfast and were so thankful for our double stroller. Thanks for letting me live vicariously through your trip :)
The breakfast food looked amazing! Again, love the outfits!
Post a Comment