Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Disney Day 2

On our first official day to be at Disney World we went to the Magic Kingdom. My plan was for us to get up and be at the Magic Kingdom in time to see the opening celebration. Well....we did get there before they opened but on this particular day they opened 10 minutes early and we JUST missed it!!! ARRGGHH! I was so not happy but the upside was that no one was there. All of this probably happened because of the cold front squeaking by and as soon as we took above picture the skies opened up and it poured rain. It was sprinkling in the picture but as soon as we walked away it really rained. Our philosophy on rain is let go!! Put on a poncho, or not, we chose not. We literally walked on everything for over an hour. It only rained for 30 minutes and was really pleasant temps. the rest of the day. We saw lots of characters and did all the rides in Fantasyland except Dumbo. We watched the morning Castle Show called Dream Along with Mickey. It was great. Then we went to ride the tea cups and standing right there was Alice! Katie had worn her Alice costume and we were thrilled she saw her. Alice was precious and told her they were twins:) Then Charley rode the teacups with Ky and Katie. I took pics. No chance I will ride that ride. Kylee rode Space Mountain twice us. That ride is so jerky but Kylee loved it. We rode Buzz, Stitch's Great Escape, and Splash Mountain. We all love Splash Mountain. We literally walked all the way to get on Splash Mountain. That has never happened before and we were the only people in our boat. It was great!! We got very wet though. We left early that day to go change and get ready for dinner because we had tickets to the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party that evening. My parents had decided to sleep in that day and do their own thing which was fine because the four of us were non stop going at the park. We were also going to meet up with them at the hotel.




























































Then for dinner we headed over to the Animal Kingdom Lodge to eat at Boma. This was my dad and Charley's dining choice for the trip. They loved it last time and it was a must do again. I actually thought it was wonderful this time. I took pics some of the food just to make my mouth water,yum!! I loved the zebra domes for dessert. So terrific. We also got their before they opened and when they opened they played music as each person walked in. Kylee also loved the food. She says it was her favorite too! The only challenge with a resort restaurant is getting there. We took a bus to the Animal Kingdom and then the bus to the Animal Kingdom Lodge. We had early dinner plans because we wanted to be back in plenty of time to enjoy the Christmas Party.






















I had gone back and forth on whether we would go to the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party but decided to give it a go. I am so glad we did it. Since the cold front had gone through that morning it was starting to get pretty cold but not as cold as the rest of the week so I was so thankful for doing this the first day. Let's just say Disney does everything over the top and this was definitely over the top great! It is party greatness!! The castle alone is simply breathtaking beautiful! I literally teared up. We immediately found a spot for the 8:15 parade. My sweet mom saved the spot with our stroller so we could have a good view and enjoy it fully. While we waited for the parade we went and rode some rides and literally walked on each one. That was great. Then before the parade Kylee and I went and got us all the complimentary hot chocolate and cookies. I was still full from dinner but they all said they were great. The parade was terrific and everything I dreamed it would be. We loved all of it but I loved that when Goofy and his candy shop came by it smelled sweet like candy. After the parade we rode some more rides and as we were about to do Haunted Mansion Katie fell asleep so she rode it asleep. Then Charley walked around with her and Kylee and I rode Big Thunder. As we were getting on and walked right onto the ride, the fireworks starting and we literally had the most amazing view. Beautiful!! After the ride Kylee and I stood and watched them together. It was sweet and Kylee kept saying this was such a special time with me! Melt my heart! We did miss the snow on Main Street which I was bummed about maybe next time:) We met up with Charley and we decided we were done. It was late anyway. I would def. recommend the party. Katie is almost 5 and didn't make it the whole time but did fall asleep and slept until we got back to the hotel. Kylee loved it! I am so glad we did it! Well worth it and super fun and put us all in the Christmas spirit.

































































post signature

1 comment:

Holly said...

I am so glad you liked the Christmas party! I thought it was totally worth it! Great parade, great atmosphere, amazing castle, perfect memories!