Saturday, November 14, 2009
Yee Haw Fest 2009
On Halloween Day Kylee's school had their Yee Haw Fall Fest. I was on the planning committee for the fest and so I got their very early and stayed late. I was exhausted but loved that the kids had so much fun at it. I was in charge of the pumpkin carving and the costume contest. The girls dressed up along with a lot of kids at the fest. Kylee even won 2nd place in her age group for the costume contest. She was thrilled. Charley was really in charge of them most the day because I was working and running around. The girls had fun and did all the booths, won 2 cakes and a coke in the cake walk, loved the glow in the dark candy walk, threw pies at the PE coach, ate chick fil a, and did so much fun stuff. There was also a silent auction with baskets and we got the craft basket which has given the girls hours of craft making fun stuff. There was also a Faculty Dessert Auction and the teachers made desserts. I tried to get a couple of those but had no luck. It was fun and the PTA made a lot of money to give back to the teachers and kids so it was great. One funny story(see picture of Katie drinking a water bottle with her eyes closed)-At lunch Charley got the girls water to drink and he looked over at Katie and she had her eyes closed. He asked her what she was doing and she told him if she closed her eyes and thought about it the water would turn into Sprite. She did it and yelled Yes! It worked!! This is a little trick she learned from her friend Caroline when she was eating Kiwi:) Too Funny!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment