Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, July 8, 2007

60 Years Happily Married


A couple weeks ago Charley and I traveled to AR to celebrate his grandparents 60th wedding anniversary with them. His grandfather is Charley's namesake. They have always made me feel so welcome and like I have been part of their family forever (like a granddaughter). Well, I had to share a picture of their "cake". Charley's aunt made a three layer money cake-it was made of $1000 and was really cool. It was like a basket weave. I was super impressed. It made it in the local paper and all. I sure hope they are enjoying all the "cake" now. I told them I hope Charley and I will celebrate 60 years one day. We just celebrated ten and loving our life together with our girls.

2 comments:

Brooks Inc. said...

Lana-

I LOVE this blog! I loved looking at all the pictures and reading every word! So fun!

What an incredible cake...Would you remind Tony of this closer to my birthday...this combines two of my favorites...cake and cash...you cannot beat that combo:)!

Love you-

BJB

Kristen OQ said...

I am so excited to start reading your blog now! I see you every week, but somehow this blog thing makes me know you & your family even more.

What a cool idea for a cake! I think I want one of those for my birthday too in a few weeks ;)