I have been meaning to post this really neat thing that happened to our family during the holidays. The Monday before Christmas we did our traditional get hot chocolate at Starbucks and go look at Christmas lights. We went through the drive-thru and waited a while then when we got up to the window the lady said the people in front of you paid for your drinks. We were speechless and then she went on to say well the people in front of that car paid for their drinks so they paid for yours. So we decided to pay for the people behind us. We drove away feeling really blessed by our little treat of seeing a line of people acting kind to people they don't know, didn't even see, and wouldn't even receive a thanks. We really wonder how long the line went of people blessing each other that night. We really felt blessed that evening with a feeling of human kindness and love and a huge glow of the Lord's spirit. I really think we may have to keep this as part of our traditional Christmas light looking night.
The cool thing is our small group is really focusing on generous giving this year, whether through monetary, time, effort, or any way that shows giving. We have been asked to show someone a random act of kindness over the next 2 weeks. I am praying that God will show us a way to show his love through an act of kindness that will honor him.

3 comments:
That was such a neat story to hear. I'm such a sucker for these kinds of things and was a crying baby even after that quick video last night. :) Can't wait to hear all of the great stories of blessing that will happen!
Great story :) What a blessing!
I love this story! Sounds like a great tradition!
Post a Comment