Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year 2010!

Happy New Year 2010!! I am finally back to blogging. I plan to catch up on the last 2 months eventually but right now I am ready to think ahead and be excited for the year 2010. I really can't believe we are in a new decade and looking back on the last 10 years it has been terrific. We welcomed both our precious girls into our lives and this year Kylee will turn 7 and Katie will turn 4. How is that possible?? Charley and I also will celebrate 13 years of marriage this year. I love him more today than I did the day we got married. This year I have this strong desire to listen for the Lord's calling and open my eyes to the plans he has for us. I have no idea what that may be. I really desire to be more flexible with our life and not so overwhelmed by busyness. I really want to open my home up more for family, friends, ministry and whatever God has in store for our family and home. I really want to have a open door policy-stop by anytime type philosophy. We just spent the holidays with Charley's family and stayed at his grandparents house and they are great examples of this. You are always welcome at their house anytime. Everyone is invited in. They don't worry about everything being perfect even though it is always nice. I don't want to worry about my house being perfectly clean or picked up when you stop by. If someone spills something, fine!! we can clean it. If something breaks, oh well, guess it was meant to break (and honestly should we have anything breakable within reach of our kids, seriously!!!). If the playroom is a complete mess, Surely it can be cleaned, we have 4 capable bodies in my house. Obviously this is something I have thought a lot about and I plan to have lots of dinner parties, play dates, and gatherings in our home this year!! If you are in the area, stop by and visit. You may see a sink full of dishes, laundry being folded, and us enjoying our family but stop by and have fun with us. So I guess that is a new years resolution for our family this year. But also the most important one is following God's plan and somehow I feel it involves opening my home more. We will see what is in store for this year and I am very excited to see it unfold. Praying for blessings on you all this year!!



post signature

3 comments:

Traci said...

Glad to see you blogging again. I've missed you. I love the picture of the four of you. I hope you enjoyed all week together. It sounds like we need to come and visit soon. Happy New Year!

Cortney said...

Happy New Year! You have really given me something to think about with this post...thank you!

Kendra said...

Hey - I wanna come over and hang out at the Moore house! Let me help ya with your resolutions! Good ones...