Today was an interesting morning that I really want to document mainly for my kids. We took Charley's car in to get an oil change and when they called for us to go pick it up I got ready to go to the gym and I was going to drop Charley and the girls off at the car place and then go to the gym. On our way out of our street, we saw this cute little black dog running after this old man and his dog. The little dog probably weighed 5 lbs. The old man did not like this dog and we watched him kick in several times. I kept thinking and saying we need to go get this dog but we kept driving and that is when Kylee just kept saying we need to go back over and over. Side note-We have been talking a lot about listening to the holy spirit and when he prompts you to do things you should listen to him and do them. We are trying to teach them early to listen to the spirit. This may not have been the spirit but since we don't want to squash this innocence we went back to find the dog. He was still following the "mean" man as I call him now. He wasn't doing anything but following him and seriously he is a 5 lb. dog. Finally I get the poor dog and the old man rolls his eyes at me. The minute I pick him up I feel funny like my throat hurts and the dog has a weird smell. So we roll down our windows and go to the vet by our house to see if he has a chip. The girls are happy and laughing at the dog. I did have a small box that the dog sat in on the way and he was adorable. When we get to the vet I get him out and he is really smelly but I take him in and they find a micro chip on him and say he is in good condition he must have just got out. I start to feel burning on my nose, lips, cheeks, so I tell them I have to leave something is wrong with me. They take my number and say they will call me when they find the owner. Anyway, when I get in the car Charley says I think he was pepper sprayed. That "mean"man had pepper sprayed this little 5 lb dog that only followed them. We watched from the start of the whole thing. Anyway, I immediately came home and showered and felt better. We got to have a really good talk with the girls about how he had an owner and that it was kind to find the owner and listen to the spirits calling even on little things like this. Well an hour later they called and had found the owner. I was thrilled and they agreed that the dog had been maced. The owner called me later and said the dog got out last night (he is an escape artist she said) and they had spent hours looking for him and posted on dog sites, neighborhood sites, craigslist looking for their dog. I was so happy for them. I could tell they loved their dog. The dog lives in the neighborhood across the street and they even have a child in the school we go to so it may be being somewhat maced worth it. What really made it worth is teaching Kylee and Katie kindness to others, listening to our hearts, and even though I wanted to go to the gym (which I never got to) taking care of others is the most important thing.
Jesus replied: "Love the Lord you God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself. All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.
Matthew 22:37-40
Saturday, January 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I still cannot believe a man was kicking that poor little dog!!! Glad the dog (and you!) are ok!
Post a Comment