Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Friday, February 5, 2010

Who Dat!

Well history is in the making this weekend: The Saints are in the Superbowl and I am going to actually watch the game this year. If you are reading this you may be wondering when I became interested in football and why do I care about the Saints. Well I am not really interested in football but I have always loved the Saints. I grew up 45 minutes North of New Orleans, my grandparents lived there my whole time I lived in MS., my dad grew up in NO, and the list could keep going. I have always cheered on the Saints but you have probably never heard me say it because they are not the team you talk about because they aren't in the playoffs very often, never won a NFC championship, and have NEVER been to the Superbowl. So I am really excited about the game. I love that the underdog team is in the big game and I love that I have history with the team and I really want them to win. I love that I have gotten to talk to my girls about the Saints and talk a lot about where I came from and my "younger years". I got to talk about their great grandparents and all kinds of adventures that involve New Orleans. Every year around Feb. we have a King Cake and celebrate on a low level Mardi Gras because I did every year when I was a kid. So Sunday night will be a celebration of my heritage with King Cake and all and lots of cheering on the Saints. I hope they win but I am just proud of the team that has never been there before to get a shot at it and I will enjoy watching the whole game not just the commercials for the first time ever. SAINTS all the WAY!!!!


post signature

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

You know I am a "football" loving girl.. so I am excited that you are excited! Go Saints!

Traci said...

What a game! So happy for the Saints and New Orleans!