Yesterday we met
Charley's parents to hand off our girls to spend some special time almost a week to be exact with their Meme and Pops. This is my first time to send Katie off like this and
Kylee's second. I am so excited for them but at the same time miss them so much already.
Kylee woke up at 6:50 yesterday morning bouncing off the walls with excitement to go see them. Katie got really excited once we saw them. Last night they called us to tell us about all the deer they saw on a walk. They are having fun. You may ask what am I going to do with all my time. Well, Charley and I are shopping, movie watching and a nice dinner out tonight. I already read an entire book last night (the 4
th in the Redemption series by Karen
Kingsbury, which I would highly recommend), I plan to finish the last in the series in the next day or two. I will clean out every toy and closet of the girls, paint the girls ceiling in their bathroom, clean out our garage, relax, watch a little TV, I may go lay out by the pool, and did I mention miss the girls. Charley and I are already enjoying just visiting and hanging out. It doesn't come easy for me to just send the girls away, I really do struggle with fear and worry. I know this about myself and am not proud of it. Satan likes to use every way he can to remind me of this and make me fearful and worry. I trust Meme and Pops completely and know the girls are loving their time with them and need this special time and it is a great time for me to work on me and my own anxieties of this type of thing. So this week I also plan to pray a little harder when I catch myself becoming fearful and worrying. I know when we see our girls next week they will have great stories of fun and memories that will stick with them for a long time. I hope to be rested and refreshed a little closer to the Lord and my wonderful husband.
And no post is complete without a couple pictures of my girls. I took these a few weeks ago of the girls. My girls love tutus and had so much fun being in them. I also love practicing with my new camera. Katie didn't want to pose with
Kylee so the best I got of the two of them was the last picture.




14 comments:
Your pictures are great! I understand the struggle with worrying. It's good to hear that you realize it and know where it's coming from, though. Enjoy your time alone!
And I can't wait to hear more about the thumb-sucking tactics. I may be taking notes on what works well and use them on Tate in the future.
Hey! I just got my kids back from my parents house.. 2 weeks! The longest they have ever been away from me is 2 - 3 days. But, Chris and I had the best time going to movies and to dinner. It was like we were dating all over again. I, too, am a worry wart! I really tried to relax and put it all in God's hands. I did surprisingly well and I am such a better mom now that I had a little break!! I hope you all have a good week and are able to enjoy yourselves!
Lana,
I have been enjoying your girls for the last two days. They are so precious. I love to read you blog. Tale care.
Love ya,
Aunt Robin
AWESOME pics of your sweet ones! And I have to admit that as much as I love time with my boys, what I would give for a few days for just me . . oh that I had grandparents in our life that could take a week to do that!!! Enjoy! You will love them even more when they come home!
The girls good old in those pictures. I love the close up of Katie. I have thought of you often today. Hope your week goes well. While you are missing your girls I am missing my husband. I need to learn from you and not be so fearful. It is hard when those we love are not with us.
Lana,
I hope you are getting some R & R. I sent you an e-mail with the scanned pictures. Let me know which ones you plan to use and I'll use the others.
The pictures are GREAT! Miss you. Traci
Praying that you fully enjoy your week! I too loved the girls pics. You got some precious smiles that show off their sweet personalities. We just love Kylee & Katie!
I'm so impressed with your photos! There are some precious ones of both of them (in spite of the attitudes you said they had!). I know you're dying to see them - enjoy your last day alone!
Enjoy the time with just you and Charley! I was the same way about leaving my kiddos, but now I am spoiled to the grandparents taking them for a few days at a time. It really helps Troy and me to connect and to talk in adult conversations.
I love the pictures! What kind of camera do you have? I love the picture quality!
I totally understand how you feel! I think it's more hard for mommies just b/c nobody knows our children better than their mommies! We know what every trigger is to set them off, what certain whimpers and looks mean, and what thought our children are thinking before anything comes out of their mouth. So I can relate, but I am also so glad that you are having some down time to yourselves and reconnecting! The pictures of the girls are so cute...love the tutus!
I will have to read more blog posts on how the breaking of the thumb is going. Callahan is only 20 months so we aren't breaking the thumb at all, but I do worry about doing it b/c he loves to suck his right thumb and twirl his hair with his left hand. Carson never did that. So any helpful hints will be appreciated and good luck to you!!
I LOVE those pictures- especially the 3rd & 4th ones- beautiful!!!!
I'm glad you guys are having such a fun time alone- I can't imagine having that much time alone with Shane anymore! Enjoy it while you can!!
Hey Lana--just trying to catch up on a little blog reading! Love your pics and entries.
I'm on the second book of the Kingsbury Firstborn series--you'll have to read those next!
Glad you've had some down time, but know you're so excited to have those girls home! We need a playdate soon-I've missed seeing ya!
oh my goodness! what beautiful pictures!! You should start your own photography business!!
I love thoes tutus and have to know where you got them! Your girls are absolutely beautiful!!
Great pics!
Post a Comment