Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Friday, July 18, 2008

Visit with Friends

The last week of June one of my best college friends and her sweet family came for a weekend visit. I had looked forward to this weekend for months and was so excited to see them. It had been a couple years and we had plenty to talk about. I love having a friend that you don't see for a long time and when you get together its like you saw each other yesterday. We spent the weekend talking, laughing, watching our girls become sweet friends, eating, and looking through all my college pictures albums. This is one of the pictures below of me and Traci, sophomore year. We found a lot more and if you went to Harding and knew me then I promise there were pictures of you and a lot of reminiscing from the two of us. College brought some of my best friends and best memories that truly do last a lifetime. Me and Traci-1994ish
Me and Traci-14 years later

Me and Traci with our kiddos
The pictures below are of us at the pool the first day they were here. Our girls hit it right off and had fun playing from the start.



That night we went to one of my favorite place, Southlake Town Center, for dinner and let the girls play in the fountain. Our hubbies had played golf all day and had a great time at an amazing course.



When we got home the girls played outside and hit some balls.





Early the next morning milk and TV time.


Then the big girls went to Grapevine Mills for lunch, a little shopping, and Lunar Golf. They loved it

After church Saturday night, Traci and I went to eat and see a movie (What Happens in Vegas)for some good girl time. It was great and we really got to talk.
I had the best time this weekend and need to plan our next...I'm thinking beach girls trip.


post signature

9 comments:

Shana said...

Aren't Harding friends wonderful? I am so glad that you guys had a great time!

Lauryn said...

How fun!!! I'm sure that you all had a blast.

Whitney said...

I'm so glad yall had such a wonderful time together! Don't you just cherish those friendships from Harding?

JulesR said...

It looks like you and Traci had a great weekend. There is definitely something special about friends from Harding!

Traci said...

YEAH!!!! Glad to see all the pictures. The trip was such a blast and it was so wonderful to see you all. Hopefully I'll get some of my pictures up soon. I can't wait for a girls trip to the beach. Let's start planning now. Traci

Emiley said...

How fun!! LOVE the picture from Harding!

Anonymous said...

What a fun weekend. The pictures are great!!!

Shannon said...

How fun! Isn't it crazy that we've got kids! I still feel like I'm 18 (well, some days I do!).

Kendra said...

This is a very fun post. I'm trying to figure out why in the world your friend looks VERY familiar to me. I really don't think I know her - maybe she just looks like someone I used to know? Of course, in the pic from the 2 of you in college YOU reminded me of one of my college roomies?!? Who knows!