Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, May 26, 2008

Disney Day 1 and 2

Well I am going to start blogging our Disney trip with the first two days. There is just so much great stuff and pictures I am having a hard time cutting it down to one blog so there will be several so sorry if the Disney thing gets old reading about. I really want our trip written down so I will remember what we did, liked, disliked and any new ideas we came across on this trip. We went with my mom and dad which was so fun and we all enjoyed the trip together. The way I plan to blog it is our itinerary for each day then pictures with notes. Just for the general overview, this is my 12th Disney trip and ties for my favorite trip with our honeymoon trip. We stayed 8 nights, 9 days at the Contemporary Hotel that is on the monorail system. We loved our hotel but had read several bad reviews before with left but none were bad for us in fact it was perfect. Anytime we needed anything they immediately were there to help us. It was also very easy access to the Magic Kingdom and Epcot. We even walked to the Magic Kingdom several times.
Another thing we really enjoyed was the Disney Dining Plan. This was our first time to use it and the first day we were really confused but after that we loved it and would do it again. It offered a counter service meal, table service meal and snack everyday. We used all but one counter service meal. We enjoyed being able to enjoy one really good sit down meal a day with characters or not.


DAY ONE:
*Arrive in Orlando- The only surprise here was the line for the Magical Express bus to our hotel. It was so long. It was the weekend but we were really surprised. We thought we would walk off plane show our tickets to the bus people and off we went, not quite but as we have learned even waiting wasn't annoying because its Disney with fun happy people working.
*Once at our hotel around noon, we were able to get right in our room which was a great surprise and not expected because check in was 3 p.m. We got our room and since we had been up since 5:30 a.m. Katie and mommy took a nap.
*We had ordered breakfast foods,water, snacks for the stay to save money from an online grocer-Gardengrocer.com and they delivered our food to our room. This was so great because if we didn't have a breakfast we just ate a quick breakfast in our room and we had lots of water bottles for almost the whole week for all 6 of us. I would highly recommend this online service. No problems at all.
*Our first big thing was at the Grand Floridian at 1900 Park Fare a Cinderella, Stepsister, and Prince Charming character meal. My dad said it was one of his favorite meals. Kylee loved seeing Cinderella on the first day and Katie was so not wanting any part of the characters at all and ended up in Charleys lap when they came near. I really thought this was a great way to kick off our trip.
*Then we headed to the Magic Kingdom to ride a couple rides with the girls because they were so excited. We rode Buzz Lightyear (love it), Goofy's Barnstormer kiddie roller coaster (Katie was just at the height so she rode it and loved it), Splash Mountain for Kylee, Charley, my Dad and myself for what was supposed to be a short 30 minute wait that turned into a 1 hour wait but it was still fun. It is still one of my favorite rides. My mom and Katie rode the train while we did this. The girls were both asleep before we finished our first day.


Above we are headed to Orlando on the plane.

The two pictures above are the monorail ride to the Grand Floridian. Kylee loved to swing on the bars.


All the pictures above are from the 1900 Park Fare dinner.
Katie, my mom and Charley on Buzz Lightyear. By the end of the week we rode Buzz close to 8-10 times.
Every time we rode Barnstormer roller coaster Katie did this same face as we waited in line. She was so excited with a hint of scared but always said Go Again after each time.
DAY TWO:
*This day was Mothers Day so I had picked one of my favorite breakfast places to eat in the Magic Kingdom, Crystal Palace. It is a Pooh and Friends character meal but is still my favorite breakfast of all the parks. It did not disappoint and the girls,well Kylee, loved all the characters. Katie ended up in my lap for most of this character meal (she did later become very excited to see them just not yet).
*After breakfast we started riding rides, dumbo, Winnie the Pooh, Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Big Thunder Mountain, and Space Mountain. We were nervous for Kylee to ride Space Mountain but when it was over she wanted to ride it again. Kylee rode all these and some were when Katie napped other times my mom took Katie on a ride of to treat her to a stuffed animal or snack. FYI-In all my years of going to Disney my mom has never ridden a roller coaster ever so she loves having a little friend to hang out with while we do. We also saw Belle storytime, which Kylee loves all Belle stuff. We ate our favorite snack, Mickey mouse ears ice cream. After nap we went to The Laugh Floor, this was our first time to do this show and it was so funny and so neat how they did it. One of our new favorites.
*After this the girls really wanted to go swimming so back to the hotel for dinner and swim time. This was there first time in the pool since last summer but they loved it and Kylee even went down the slide alone. I was so impressed. It was a little breezy and chilly so poor Katie just shivered and we kept trying to convince her to get out but it was too fun.


This is Katie flying into my lap at the sight of Eeyore.




These were all at breakfast at Crystal Palace.
Kylee and mommy on Dumbo.


Yea for swim time!!!


Stay Tuned for more Disney Days to come.....


post signature

6 comments:

Amy McCown said...

I was just catching up on blogging. We have the same anniversary as you and Charlie. I had no idea that you all knew each other at camp. So far your Disney trip looks like fun.

Traci said...

I love hearing about your trip. I'll stay tuned for more. Traci

Amy S. said...

How fun!! I can't wait to take our family to Disney World. I'm so glad your family got to go!!

JulesR said...

Hey Lana! I have enjoyed reading your blog and seeing pictures of your two beautiful girls. I think it has been almost ten years since we have talked. I remember you and Charley back in the Camp Wyldewood days! That was so long ago.

I have enjoyed reading about your trip to Disney. We have lived in Orlando the last 6 years, and my girls love anything Disney. I can't wait to hear more about your trip.

Julie (Simmons) Risinger

Kendra said...

Oh, this is fun!!! Keep the "days" coming! I'm lovin' it!

Holly said...

So so fun! I am glad you guys had a great trip!! I am adding to my list of must dos for next time!

Holly