The picture above was taken when Charley was 10 and I was 11 at Camp Wyldewood. I had the hugest crush on him at camp that summer but he liked my friend. She left early and he surprised me by coming and sitting by me at the closing ceremony and held my hand (he was the first guys hand I held). I don't think we even looked at each other or talked. When the ceremony was over he hugged me and left. I didn't see him again until Harding his freshman year, my sophomore, at Freshman orientation. I recognized his name on his name tag and introduced myself to him and he remembered me from camp. We started talking on the phone after that, tried to set our roomates up, then we started dating. After a rocky first year of several breakups, lots of fighting and one last major breakup, we decided we were meant to be and the 2 years we dated before we got married after the first were great. (yes we still argued and still do to this day). He asked me to marry him at the same place we held hands for the first time as kids and I said yes and on May 24, 1997 we said "I DO" and here we are 11 years later, with 2 sweet kiddos and a life I would never have imagined.
Our wedding day
Our wedding party
This picture is from our 10th anniversary last year. We took a trip to Hawaii to celebrate. It was great. Wish we could do it every year but you know how that goes.
And look at us know. A family of 4!!!!Just a few notes about our marriage:
*Neither of us are perfect and I thank God daily that Charley loves me despite my imperfections. We fuss with each other, get really mad sometimes, and make bad choices mainly with our words to each other but we both are good at forgiving and I am so thankful God gave me a husband that forgives me and loves me all the same.
*He truly is my best friend. We talk several times a day when he is at work, just calling to check in is what he tells me and I love that knowing we are always thought about by him. At the end of the day he is the person I want by my side always.
*If he goes out of town, he cuts all of us heart notes and on mine he always says he is thankful I am his wife.
*We like so much of the same stuff. I don't think we always have but as we stay married longer it is truly like we become one in our hobbies,likes and dislikes.
*We love our kids so much and Charley is the best dad I would have every prayed for to have for our kids. I pray our girls will find husbands like their daddy.
I really love walking through life with Charley. I know all this may be cheesy and corny but I want to remember always at this anniversary right now what I am thankful for and blessed with. We don't know what this next year holds but I wouldn't want to face any part of it without Charley. I love you Charley!





12 comments:
Happy Anniversary Guys!
How sweet!! I can't believe you guys met when you were so young!! You will always fear the first guy your girls come home from camp talking about. : ) It is so fun and such a blessing to have a best friend in your husband. Happy Anniversary.
So sweet! I can't believe you were 11. Great post, Happy Anniversary!
Congratulations on 11 years of marriage. I remember when we were at Harding, and you were engaged. Random memory, but I remember how you had chosen red bridesmaids' dressses, and I thought that was such a great idea. Seeing your picture now, it was beautiful.
May God bless you with many more happy years of marriage!
what a wonderful story! Happy Anniversary!
I loved being a part of your special day. Happy Anniversary! Traci
Congratulations! That is a great camp story...and that you still have the picture is so neat.
Happy Anniversary! We just had ours too! I love the camp picture! :o)
Okay, Lana...I love ya'll's story! Congrats on your 11 years!! That is just so great! I love that ya'll met at Camp Wyldwood...I love it out there, too!
Happy Anniversary! I love the camp picture....confirms how much your sweet girls look like their daddy! :) I sure love you guys!
Ugh...we were babies when we got married. We had so much fun that summer after we all got married and lived in the Village! Time sure flies by, doesn't it?
Happy Anniversary. I think my favorite part of that post was your big wedding picture with all of those HU people in it!
Glad you guys enjoyed your day together!
Post a Comment