Today as we were driving home from taking Kylee to school, I heard Katie just talking in the back seat. I was mostly just in my own world but all of a sudden she just kept on saying the same sounds over and over so when I finally paid attention I was blessed with the sweetest words a mom can hear, "I Wove You, Mama!" This is the first time she said it on her own out of the blue not at bedtime or when we say it like she alway does just on her own. I told her I loved her and then she told me I Wove You Mama about 20 times. My heart melted to know she really is getting what love is and that she wants me to know she feels that way for me. I love that girl so much! This past weekend Charley and Kylee went to AR without us. Long story on how we ended up not going but God is so good because on Friday she woke up with a yucky nose and pink eye and on Saturday she was very sick, 102/103 fever. She just broke her fever today, praise the Lord. But on Friday before she got to feeling really bad we had some good bonding time/playtime. She knows Kylee loves to dress up so she found this dress up skirt and thought it should be her whole outfit, like a dress and refused to wear it any other way. It was so funny. She also called everyone on her "phone" and really talked like they were there. She is also on a church kick where she gets her baby dolls dressed and in their strollers and pushes them around saying "We going to church." She was doing that in the picture below. I'm glad she likes church.
She is getting so big and turns 2 in two weeks. I can't believe how fast time flies.




19 comments:
Well, that melted MY heart just reading about it! What a blessing! And although I'm so sorry she was sick I'm glad you got some good bonding time in. Love her "dress"!!! hee hee
That's so sweet- what a precious little girl you have! Love the pictures too! And although she was sick, it sounds like it was a blessing that the two of you got to spend some time alone :)
She is precious! I think she and Abby could get into some real trouble together. We had some dress up outfits just like that when I was growing up. Too cute!
Katie is just a lovable girl! I'm thrilled that she & Mae get to grow up as girlfriends. We WOVE her too!
I love that story and like to hear that I'm not the only one waiting on something like that. I'm still Da Da unless Manning is screaming and then he might let a MaMa slip. I can't wait for him to call me~ I'm ready for anything other than DaDa I guess. Everyone is DaDa, except my sister, she has become BuBa! Kids are so funny!
What a sweet little girl! I love watching our second little girls grow up- it is so fun to see them become their own little people :)
What a sweet story! She seems to have a super cute personality. I'm sorry she suffered the pink eye and the other crud too. She's a cutie!
Wow! Good to hear from you! Well...your girls are precious!!! Aren't little girls wonderful....somewhat high maintenance, but wonderful! Great to be in touch, Lana.
Sweet Katie love her crazy outfits!!! She is at such a fun age. I am glad she woves her mama!!
There is something extra-special about those second-born children! I love hearing my kids say "I love you" too. There is nothing sweeter!
Lana,
I hate to hear that Katie has been sick. Tori has another ear infection. She's been up a lot at night and very crabby. So, guess who else as been crabby? Sorry you weren't able to come to AR. Let's start thinking about this summer so we can mark some dates. Traci
Of course I remember you guys!! I am glad to see you guys are doing great and haven't changed a bit! Your girls are absolutely adorable!! I'm glad I'll be able to keep up with you guys via blogging.
Also-I had no idea you were from down here! What a fun childhood!
Hey Lana,
Yes of course I remember you! I read your comment on my blog! Wade has gone to eat with Charlie and the guys up here a few times when he has come into town. It is really good to hear from you. Your girls are adorable - are you guys still in Keller? Or where are you now in the FW area and are you guys still at North Richland Hills? You know Kristen O'Quinn (Seidel) and her husband go there now and live in Keller. You guys probably already know that. Anyways, so good see your blog and stay in touch!
No doubt those are the sweetest words a mom can hear. I was just catching up on your blog. Your girls are so sweet. I love little Katie's hair!
Missy
What a sweet story. I am glad that you got to spend the weekend with her, even though she wasn't feeling well. Her outfit is too cute.
We have that same skirt that Avery Caroline wears as a dress all the time. So funny! Katie is so cute!
What sweet and precious kiddos. I feel a little connected to them at least through your Christmas newsletter. I can't believe that we live so close to you guys and don't ever get together. I know that Troy would love to catch up with Charley on some baseball memories. Glad that all of you are doing well! Love, The Wolfe's
I agree about the support group, I should be the Pres., but I'll never be able to make it through a meeting without crying........I don't know where the time has gone! What to do come August?
Because you’re one of my blogging friends, I wanted to let you know about my new business. I would love for you to go visit my business blog, http://www.froggiebloggiedesigns.blogspot.com/. If you’re interested in having a blog makeover, I would love to help you out!! And even if you’re not, I would love for you to take a look!! More than anything, I need help spreading the word. If you know that one of your blogging friends is looking to make over their blog, please let them know about me!!
Thanks for being my blog friend!
Love,
Amanda (Better known to you from “Manda’s Moments.”) :o)
Post a Comment