Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mothers Day PLUS Six Flags

We had a great mothers Day this past weekend. On Saturday my sister and her family came to watch Kylee play soccer and then we had our mothers day lunch with them at Mi Chula's. It was fun and we loved being together with my mom. Then Sunday morning my girls came in around 8(I begged Charley to let me sleep until then even though I knew the girls were so excited) to give me my presents and hugs and kisses. The girls helped Charley pick out a super cute shirt for me from Charming Charlie. They were so proud of the shirt that Katie actually couldn't keep it a secret the day before. I think Kylee would never tell. I loved how excited they were! I also loved the pictures and cards they made for me.



Then we got ready and headed to the Gaylord Texan for my favorite gift, Mother's Day Brunch!! We met my mom and dad there and had a blast. It is held in the ballroom and when Katie walked in she said it looked like a beautiful wedding!! It really was beautiful with ice sculptures, flowers, and food everywhere!! My favorite part of the meal is dessert at the tall chocolate fountain. I seriously wanted to put a cup under it and drink it but I ate some strawberries and other yummies. They have the cutest kids buffet area with a train going around it and the table is really short for the kids to serve their food. It was so yummy and relaxing. The last time we went Katie was 3 months old and Kylee was 3. This time they just sat, ate, talked to us, and we had a great time.







































Then After our great brunch we left to go to Six Flags with Charley's brother and family. They had free tickets so they invited us. This was the girls first time to go and I hadn't been in 7 years. We had a blast. We got there around 1:30 and stayed until 7. It was not too crowded and the kids rode lots of fun rides. They really did have a lot of stuff for little kids to do. I don't think we are ready for season tickets but once a year for now was great. Kylee is almost tall enough to ride just about everything. She is so brave I think she would have tried it all if she could. Charley and Easton convinced me to ride Superman and the Titan. I was so scared for both because they were really fast but I did fine and really liked them both. I really think my kids favorite part was hanging out with their cousins. Katie and Hudson have so much fun together. They are so sweet to each other and love to be together. It was a great mothers day. I was exhausted by the end of it but thankful for my family and just spending quality time together.




















post signature

4 comments:

Smang said...

The Gaylord buffet looked great! That's where I'm going next year. Your girls are so precious!

Robin Fox said...

I'm glad you had a great mother day. We miss y'all. Love the pictures.

Emiley said...

It was fun seeing ya'll at the Gaylord! I am glad you had a grea mother's day!

Holly said...

I loved reading about your Mother's Day! I am going to remember the Gaylord next year, you may see a lot of people you know next time! I have also wondered about 6 Flags, good to know!