Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Easter Weekend

Well, I don't think we could have packed one more thing into our Easter Weekend. We had a ball and stayed busy the whole time!


1. The weekend got us started with our first soccer game. Charley is the asst. coach for Kylee's team and she loves that. She did great for our first game and even scored a goal. The team we played was really good but they all had fun and we are ready for the next game. Katie wanted to run on the field to Charley the whole game so we learned to prepare her that daddy is coaching. She is ready to play next year!







2. Saturday night after church we had our small group over for dinner and an egg hunt. There were 41 friends in our home and we loved every minute of it. The weather decided to turn bad right about time for the egg hunt so we moved it upstairs. The kids still loved it and had a blast. I think my kids ate enough sugar this whole weekend to last a lifetime. I loved getting to spend time with our friends that evening.







3. Easter morning- We woke up Easter morning to a horrible smell in our home. I had put eggs on the stove to boil the night before so they would be cool Sunday morning. Well, I forgot I had put them on the stove, Yep!!, thanking the Lord our house didn't burn down. The eggs and stove where all there burned up and on. The eggs had popped all night(we heard it but it was raining and we thought it was little hail). nope, the eggs exploding. Blessing we opened all windows, threw out pot, and bought more eggs. I did include the picture of the eggs below as a reminder for me to always set the timer.
The girls loved their Easter basket goodies and had a Easter egg hunt around the house. Then Charley and I did the resurrection egg story of Jesus. It was a fun morning. We finally did dye eggs and the girls loved it. Katie is 3 now and this is the first year she has really gotten into all the holiday fun with Kylee. Charley and I love watching them make all these memories together.



























4. For lunch we went to my mom and dads and met up with my sisters family. We all had a blast. My girls and niece Ella all matched so I took tons of pics of them together. We had a yummy lunch, indoor egg hunt (thanks to rain and wet grass), and flew finger kites. Great times with cousins.

































post signature

2 comments:

Traci said...

Looks like you guys had a great and busy Easter weekend. I'm so glad you didn't have any problems from the eggs other than the smell. That sounds exactly like something I would do. Miss you!

Whitney said...

Great pictures! I can't believe that about the eggs- I'm so glad nothing worse happened! I cannot even imagine how foul that smell must have been!!!