Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

WOW! What a Storm!

Last night as I was watching the news the weather men didn't make a big deal about the storm approaching. Just mentioned in passing there could be baseball size hail from a cell directly west of my house but moved on and went to sports. What happened to the drama drawn out exaggerations of the most horrible hail storm ever. ?>!>! They didn't do it so I sat and enjoyed my DVR'd show not frantically cleaning out my garage to save Charley's car!! So all of a sudden I hear what sounds like baseballs hitting my house with the bat. Starts out a couple hits then the sky opened up and hail covered my yard, big hail, little hail, medium size hail. My kids rooms face west and their windows sounded like they would explode so we moved them downstairs. Once the kids were down stairs Charley and I opened the front door to look out and it was amazing the yard was covered and when we looked closer we saw his drivers side passenger window was gone and he has dents galore all over his car. UUUGGHHH!! A lot of my pretty flowers we just planted took a good hit and in my backyard my dad and Charley just planted two bradford pear trees and one of them lost 5 branches and that is not good for a new small tree. Oh well they will grow. The storm has passed except rain now so we move his car in the garage mine out and send the kids back to bed. I turn on the news and that is all they are talking about. Glad the cities to our East were prepared, wishing we were too. In all my almost 34 years this was the worst hail I had ever seen. We were explaining to Kylee what it was -ice falling from the sky. She looked at the yard and said I bet we don't have school tomorrow. Wishful thinking!!












post signature

3 comments:

Traci said...

I can't believe the size of the hail. I'm glad there wasn't more damage. It would have been nice to have been prepared for that!

Kelly said...

That looks even worse than what we got...1/2 mile away. Too bad school wan't cancelled. :)

Holly said...

Wow! So sorry about Charley's car and your new plants. Our hail sounded terrible and it wasn't near that big.