Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Way To Go!!

I have two Way TO GOs for both my girls.

1. At the end of each six weeks at Kylee's school they have a big pep rally/awards day for the students to recognize good citizenship, perfect attendance, honor roll. They give PE, music, art awards. They also give a Character award to one child from each class that represented that character trait that they work on for the six weeks. This six weeks was respect. When we got there they had blaring music (YMCA, and that type), and the principal said this is not a quiet awards show but a fun, loud one. The fourth graders did a little show to introduce the new character trait for this six weeks and then they did the awards. Each Kindergarten teacher had the kids with Good citizenship stand up and the parents of those kids, then perfect attendance and the parents of those kids. Kylee stood up for both of these. Then at the end of the Kindergarten time the principal announced the Character award for each class and Kylee received it for her class. Her teacher had written some very kind things about Kylee that the principal read to the crowd. Of course we are SO proud of her and pray that she will continue to show good character throughout her life. She was all smiles after school and called her grandparents and my sister to share the good news. She is truly loving her school year and I am thrilled at how well she is doing. This first picture is of all the Kindergartners from each class that got the award. FYI-It was also Nursery Rhyme parade dress up day so she is dressed up as Little Bo Peep in the picture.
This is of Kylee getting her award. Here she is standing up with her class for good citizenship and Perfect Attendance. She had a big, kind of shy smile each time she stood up.


2. My second Way to Go is little Miss Katie and her awesome potty training self:) Last week Katie and I were off from school all week so I thought lets potty train. She was ready. I was NOT!!! Potty training tops right up there as my least favorite parenting things. I would seriously pay someone to potty train my kids. Katie is however now potty trained. She only has 3 accidents the first day, 2 the second and third day, and 1 on the fourth day and no more until today at school and then randomly tonight. She was distracted both times. She tells me every time she needs to go. I barely even remember to ask her. We went to the fair Sunday and no accidents the whole day. She is proud of herself and keeps telling me I'm a Big Girl now. Yes she is and I can't believe that big girl turns 3 in four months. Where does time go???




post signature

10 comments:

tami said...

Tell Kylie I say Way to Go! I am so proud of her. She is such a wonderful girl...a teacher's dream. You can tell Miss Katie I'm proud of her too. What an amazing accomplishment, especially in such a short time. Woo Hoo

Whitney said...

I'm so proud of both your girls! I hope potty training goes that easy for us one day!

JulesR said...

Way to Go Kylee and Katie! Also congrats to mom for potty training!

Kendra said...

I'm with Ms. Tami - tell Kylie I'm so proud of her, too, and I would have picked her if I had to choose one extra respectful kid!

And there's nothing sweeter than a cute little 2 year old sitting on a potty reading a book! I love it. Yea for no more diapers!!

Kelly said...

Way to go to both girls! Those are both wonderful accomplishments!

Emiley said...

Yeah Katie and Kylee!!! I am so proud of you both!!

Robin Fox said...

Tell both girls congratulations. We are proud of them.
love
Aunt Robin

Traci said...

How exciting!!! Tell them both we said, "Great Job!" Wish we could get together again soon. Miss you all.

Anonymous said...

Those are really exciting achievements for both girls! And, the potty training is also a big achievement for you for following through. I, too, would pay someone in a heartbeat to potty train my children.

Holly said...

How great! That is a wonderful honor! So proud of the potty training too.