Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I'm Tagged

My friend Summer who I was friends with at Harding and we were Kojies together tagged me. So I thought I would list 7 random things about me. I have done a similar post before so I thought I would choose 7 random things from my childhood.

1. My favorite Saturday morning show when I was in elementary school was KIDS Inc. I gathered all my friends on my street and wrote out parts to be the new Kids Inc. I was always Renee. I was going to have my dad videotape it in hopes of being the next Kids Inc. Unfortunately my group wasn't as dedicated as I was so no video and no Lana on Kids Inc. Not to mention singing isn't my gift. Anyone else love KIDS INC??? ( I am so singing the theme song to myself right now:))

2. I swam on a swim team since I was 6 year old year round and so every summer I had raccoon eyes from the goggles. It was quite a fashion statement and one that got laughs. Luckily by Jr.High I learned how to use an amazing amount of sunscreen to keep those cute little raccoon eyes from popping up.

3. Before an eight grade field trip to Nashville, TN, I was so worried I would not wake up that I ended up waking up at 2 am not looking at the clock, got in the shower and started getting ready for the trip, only for my parents to knock and tell me it was 2 am and go back to bed. I still worry a little about not waking up on time now.

4. I used to have to eat bananas in the morning for breakfast, everyday for a while. One day I decided I didn't like them and that was probably when I was 10 and still to this day I can't eat a banana at all. I feel the same way about milk.

5. My favorite Sunday morning church job as a kid was cleaning up the Lords Supper trays. A couple of my friends and I would clean them out and restock them and since we couldn't take the Lords Supper in church you know we had fun taking of it at clean up time. Playing Lords Supper was one of my favorite things. Any one else understand this?? I think I was 8-9 years old.

6. Once in second grade, I organized a writing contest and gave out awards and took pictures of the winners. I ran across the pictures a few weeks ago and got to laughing out loud. I was impressed my teacher let me do this.

7. I still to this day get a second look when I tell people the town I grew up in in MS. It was Picayune. Its been made fun of called Pick a Prune, Pick a what, etc....... But let me tell you that little town has the best bakery ever-Pauls Pastry and my favorite seafood restaurant-Cuevas. My mouth waters thinking about it.




post signature

5 comments:

Leilanni said...

Oh my word - I had totally forgotten about Kids Inc!! I used to LOVE that show. And now, yes, that theme song is stuck in my head :-) Cute post!

Kelly said...

I LOVED Kids, Inc. and will be singing it as I head to bed now.

Anonymous said...

Your seven were great.
Let me just say I LOVED Kids, Inc. I was always wanting to be Stacy. And, my friends and I also organized our own group and called ourselves "Kool Kids Inc."
Thanks for reminding me of that group. Did you know that Stacy from Kids Inc. is Fergie (the singer)?

Anita said...

We loved Kids Inc. too! That post just made me laugh. I can totally see you sneaking the Lord's supper while you were cleaning. My sister and I also did swim team, but just in the summers. Glad to know more interesting things about you.

Whitney said...

I loved Kids Inc. too- but not so much that I can remember the theme song off hand! :) Very cute post!

Oh, and I'm the same way about milk. I'll only drink it if it's chocolate milk.