I did it!!! I survived my first ever 5K race. When I say survived that is how I felt when I crossed the finished line. Last January a friend and I started running/walking with running a 5K as our goal. We thought we would run one in April but Soccer for
Kylee started and our Saturdays were busy for 2 months. Then it was summer and it was so hot!! I don't like running in 100 degree weather. Then in August, I found this race for the end of September so I made it my goal to do this. So this past weekend I accomplished my goal and ran/walk the 5K. I originally said if I walk I will be mad at myself but I had not seen the steep hill I would have to run at the one mile marker. OH MY WORD!!! Half way up the hill I knew if I didn't walk I would not make the rest of the race. It was a hard race but I am really ready to run another one and beat my time from this one. Charley also ran in it and he did great!!! He is currently training to run a half marathon this fall. Several other people from church ran it so it was fun to have friends there too. I ran on Monday night and felt a little faster already:) I have plans for another 5K before Christmas.

Sweet Hubby came and found me and ran the last tenth of a mile with me.

Our friends from church
before the race

Our friends from church after the race.
10 comments:
I felt the same way 2 years ago when I ran the race. That hill was killer!! You did great!
Way to go Lana. That was the 1st and only 5k that I have done. Ok...you are motivating me....
AWESOME!!!!!
You know I'm proud of you. You'll be addicted now! Maybe we can do one together sometime soon. Maybe I can even convince you to do a half with me. You never know!!!
I am so proud of you!!!!! Go girl!
I'm so impressed with you! You're my new hero:). Maybe one of these days post-baby I'll try to train up to doing one with you! Awesome!
Way to go girl- I'm so proud of you! And you still look super cute after running a 5k :)
I am so impressed! Great job!
I would love to run a 5k- I keep trying to get in on the calendar, and it keeps getting bumped. Good for you actually getting it done with the hustle and bustle of being a mom!
By the way, I tagged you on my blog. The detailsl are on my latest post!
Way to go! You still have time to train for the half! :)
Way to go! I am so proud of you!! You will have to motivate me in a few months!
Wow - great job!!! :-)
Post a Comment