Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

And the Adventure Begins...Kindergarten!


*Update on the first day-It was great according to Kylee. She said she got sad once with a couple tears at recess when she could not find Mrs. Harris but she found her and got happy. She said I was fine. She also said she made a few friends. One of the girls at her table said, Do you want to be my friend? And KYlee said I told her Yes. Instant friends. Sounds easy! She said they read A Kissing Hand and a manners book. Learned a new hallway song. She wrote her name once, she had music but they didn't sing any songs (she was a tad confused), went to PE, and that was it. So all in all a good day. She is ready for day 2 and she said her teacher told them day 2 is more fun that the first but they couldn't tell them what they were doing. Hope it is:)

There she is my little Kindergartner. She woke up before her alarm went off ready for this new adventure to begin. She was so excited. She had drawn a picture for her teacher that she brought down. In the corner of her letter it said, ILYMERS (Translation:I love you Mrs. Harris). Too cute!!! She is definitely ready for Kindergarten. I woke up early, possibly the earliest to actually shower and get dressed since I taught school. I held it together all morning pretty well but now Katie is asleep and I see a very dark room with no little girl coming out to ask if she can do this or that. I could have my first cry moment any minute (so that is why I am blogging). We got to school along with tons and tons of moms and dads headed to her class and were met at the door by her precious teacher, Mrs. Harris. Who I will say is an answer to our prayers? She was the teacher I really wanted Kylee to have and who so many people said such great stuff about. She greeted Kylee who was so happy and took her to her desk. She had play dough and a color sheet for them to do. The rest of the class was so cute sitting still doing their work. Charley and I kissed Kylee goodbye and we were out the door. She was happy the whole time without a problem. It happened so fast that I wondered did we prepare her enough, is she ready for this, and even though I wanted this teacher I have actually only known her for 15 minutes and I am leaving her there with her. I got a mini shortness of breath episode but stopped it and headed into the library for a cheer and tears for Kindergarten parents. I didn't cry I was just nervous. So Charley went and peeked in on Kylee and we left. I did meet a lady at the breakfast who said her daughter was also in that class and she has two older boys at the school and she said Mrs.Harris is so sweet, never raises her voice and is motherly. All these attributes explain why Kylee is in there, this is the type teacher she needed and I prayed for. I am proud of my little Kindergartner and can't wait to go pick her up in less than 2 hours. I will update on how the first day went soon.

As for Katie, when we got home we watched Dora together and made cupcakes for Kylee for her treat when she gets home. I know she will be glad when her sister gets home also:)



Kylee and Mrs. Harris


post signature

19 comments:

Monica said...

I thought of you so much yesterday!! I don't even want to think what it is like to send your little one to school. Love you friend. So glad it looks like my little friend has a good teacher.

Julia said...

So exciting! I love seeing the pictures from her first day - what a big girl. I can't wait to hear her reaction to all the "firsts" of kindergarten!

Kelly said...

She looks so cute and ready to go! Fun!

Prince Edward said...

I have been wondering about Kylee all day! I hope the first day went great once you get her home and discuss all the details. She looked so big and ready to go in those pictures!

amber dayton said...

What cute pics! I'm so thankful that Kylee & Anna get to have this adventure together. There have been so many answered prayers already & I know that there will be many more this year!

Holly said...

I wondered about you guys several times today! Sounds like it went great, I am so glad!

Emiley said...

I am so glad Kylee's first day was great! I thought about you alot today as I knew you were going through the same emotions I was!! Hope the rest of the week is just as smooth!

Traci said...

I've thought about you today. I'm so glad the morning went well. I can't wait to hear all about her first day. Kylee's first day outfit is very cute.

Anita said...

So glad it went well! I had all the exact same feelings when I left Nathan yesterday. I don't know how our little ones have gotten to this point!?!

Shana said...

It looks like Kylee did great! I am so glad that she has a wonderful teacher and I am glad that you and others are going through this adventure with me! Maybe Kylee and Easton will be at Harding together! Her first day pictures are adorable!

Kendra said...

awww . .. sweet Kylee . . tell her Ms. Kendra thinks she looked SO PRETTY for her first day of school! I love that girl . . .glad you guys are doing good - it's definitely weird having your baby away for the day at shool, huh?

Alyssa said...

I am so glad that sweet Kylie had such a good first day! She looks precious... and it sounds like everything went great! I can't wait to hear more Kindergarten adventures....

Michael Ann said...

Glad you held it together so well! I'm sure she will love kindergarten! What a blessing to have a teacher like that for her. I felt the same way about leaving Carson that first day with a person I had only met for about 15 minutes! I kept thinking to myself "that just doesn't seem right." Anyways, hope you are having a great week with it!

Robin Fox said...

Your making mecry. Kylee is growing up so last. Tell her and Katie that I love them.
Love ya,
Aunt Robin

Whitney said...

Aww- I'm so glad Kylee had such a good day! I hope the rest of her week goes just as well!

And I'm really proud of you for holding it together, Mommy- I'm sure it was hard!!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that her first day went great. She look so adorable!

JulesR said...

I am so glad that Kylee enjoyed her first day of kindergarten. She looked so adorable! I hope she had a great first week!

April Carrasco said...

I am glad y'all made it, or maybe I should say you made it. I was so there last year, wait, I was there again this year. There is just something about a child having a piece of your heart whenever they aren't with you. She is just precious and I pray that Kylee has a wonderful year!

shack said...

Hey Lana Lee Moore!
I can't believe you have a kindergartener! That is crazy, and makes me feel so old! Your girls are so precious-and the clothes you dress them in are adorable! You are Charlie look just the same, like Barbie and Ken! Love you lady, and thanks for all your sweet prayers and comments over the past summer months. Life is one crazy ride in our house! God is good, and we lean on him daily.
Love you, Wendy