1. We just successfully finished our first week of Kindergarten. I will admit that on Thursday and Friday I had a cry fest complete with swollen, burning eyes that left dark circles that were not attractive. It was just from a simple overwhelming feeling. Kylee however did not feel this way at all. When I asked her how school was she said I love it and the I just want to stay there. Pretty great for her, adjustments for me.
2. Katie is quite the talker and expresser of all thoughts and feelings, some good some not so good. Her latest cute saying started as she was eating ice cream a couple weeks ago. She took one bite and squealed, "Dewicious (delicious)". We had never heard her say that and we all laughed so now she loves to say it. She also loves to say with great expression: I love you so much!! We of course melt. Another favorite after we say no to something is Oh pickles (Kylee went through and Oh pickles stage also). I promise Charley and I never say that they just pick up on that word and hang on. Those are her sweet words. She can say and speak perfectly well but chooses whining and screaming in the mix, some days more than others. She has also learned to put herself in time out when she has not behaved well.
3. Kylee is a little fish this summer and would love to go to the pool everyday if we would let her. She has tried lots of new skills at the pool this summer and works hard on them from swimming freestyle, diving for dive sticks, doing flips under water and her latest skill is the butterfly (we watched lots of swimming Olympics and my dad shows her our old swim team tapes). She can get her bottom up and both feet flopping, and attempts the arm movements. It is quite interesting and she loves to show it off.
4. Kylee loved watching the Olympics. She esp. loved "ping pong" also known as-beach volleyball. We had no idea where she got ping pong for beach volleyball but she kept saying it over and over but by the end she got it and now we play volleyball in the house with friends, dad, mom and whoever is interested. The funny thing is we play with a beach ball.
5. Katie is SO ready for a big girl bed and we are in the process of the big move in 2 weeks, hopefully. But in the meantime she has been having a hard time going to bed in her crib at night she has to cuddle sister and me or Charley in Kylee's bed before she will go to her bed. If she thinks she isn't going to Kylee's bed she says my tummy hurts thinking that will help her stay in Kylee's bed.
6. My girls have become best friends over the summer and really good playmates. They will go upstairs and play forever (most the time happily). They have their own way to play together. It has been so sweet to watch. The first day of school I was playing wit Katie and she kept saying things like I would hear Kylee tell her when they would play. I struggle with that now that Katie is stuck with boring old mommy to play with. They had fun over the weekend just playing with each other. It is one of my favorite things to watch develop as a mommy.
7. Tonight I was trying to get the girls ready for bed after bath time. The playroom was clean, toys up and it had been a mess. I told the girls after pjs are on everyone has to go to sleep , no playing. Katie walked over to the toy kitchen and started to play and I raised my voice and said Katie No Playing Its time for bed. She walked over to me and said "That was not very nice" I thought oh good she is admitting to the fact I said no playing so I said who isn't very nice and she looked me straight on and said "you". Of course I deserved that because I thought I could have said it nicer with no raised voice. Kids have a way of reminding you when you need to self check.
8. My girls both love Webkinz. They love stuffed animals. They can play hours with them. I think Kylee has been on the webkinz website three times but our computer will not let her get on so now she just loves to play with them and Katie loves it too. They dress them up, take them for stroller rides down the street, at least two go in the car at all times, sleep with them, and love them. I really don't like stuffed animals but my girls do and they play with them daily.
9. A new favorite of my kids is to wear each other pajamas. Yes, Kylee wears Katies 2T pj's and Katie wears Kylee's 5T pj's. They have been on this kick for a couple weeks. It is so funny. They both get into it. Check out the pictures below of Kylee in Katies and Katie is in just a Tshirt of Kylee's. They also had a fun photo session that night and kept wanting me to take more pictures and they would pose. These poses are totally their own doing. I just snapped away when they told me to. You can see the silly face picture Kylee did that first and then Katie had to also.










8 comments:
Your girls are so sweet! Isn't it fun to watch them become such good friends. Good luck with the big girl bed!
Oh I am so glad that someone else is going through the Webkinz mess, too. I love the fact that Easton loves Webkinz so much, but sometimes I get so tired of having to remember passwords, usernames, etc.
You are so right...I think that Katie and Lexi really resemble each other. We are going to try to make the "big girl" bed transition soon, too. Let me know if you have any great ideas on keeping them in bed!
What cute girls! I'm 1 of 2 girls, and the sister relationship is like no other.
They are so sweet. I love seeing Katie kissing Kylee in that last picture. They are going to grow up and up so thankful for each other. I know you LOVE having a sister too! Miss you too! Traci
Precious girls! Sisters really are the best!
I had a very tearful week last week, too. Thank goodness for big sunglasses. Nathan is loving it so that is helping me. This week has been so much better.
Love those last few silly pictures! I wanted to cry for you in that first story- poor Mama!
That's great that your girls have become the best of friends- I'm sure that will make life so much easier around your house!
such sweet girls....I love sisters!
Where is your first day of school picture?? I thought about you lots today. Hope all went well!!
Post a Comment