Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Happy 5th Birthday Kylee!!!

On April 9 2003 at 3:29 p.m. I began my journey into motherhood with the birth of my precious Kylee Brooke. She weighed 7lbs. 2 oz and was 21 inches long and as beautiful as any mommy would dream. She came out screaming and kept screaming for about 8 weeks. Yes, she was colicky and made my start to learning about being a mommy very hard (but since this is her birthday blog I will only say happy, cheerful things). I instantly loved her and thought she was amazing. I looked at her this morning and thought how did you grow up so fast into this wonderful 5 year old who is so much more than I could have ever dreamed of. She is truly an angel to Charley and I and greatly loved by her little sister.
Where did this baby go? Is she really 5? For lack of keeping up with digital photo files. These first few pics are from the first 6 months of her life. I still see little glimpses of my 5 year old in her baby pictures. I'll tell you going through these brought tears to my eyes and lots of sweet memories.


This is from her first birthday. I thought she was a big girl then but look at the next picture to see my big 5 year old!
Her shirt say it all!!!

Interview with my 5 year old:
Favorite color: Purple
Favorite place to eat: Nikki's and Corner Bakery
Favorite food: Spaghetti
Favorite place to go: Church and Chuck e Cheese
Favorite thing to do at school: Play outside with friends
What do you play outside at school: Mermaids and Superheroes
Favorite movie: Barbie Rapunzel
Favorite Song: Twinkle Twinkle (I think she started to get tired of me asking questions about here)
Favorite thing to do with mommy: Play Games
Favorite thing to do with daddy: Date days
Favorite thing to do with sister: Play Caribou
Favorite thing to play by yourself: Polly Pockets


More Birthday Celebrations
Kylee had her Birthday party a couple weeks at Build A Bear. She had the best time and had a lot of her favorite friends and family at the party so it was a perfect day for her. I have learned through parties that if the party girl is happy then it was a success. She had fun picking her dog she named Flower, stuffing it, brushing it, naming it, playing games and being sung Happy Birthday to, but most of all she had fun being with her friends and family:)




Kylee with her dog, flower!
Kylee and all her buddies that came to the party.
Kylee's cake and blowing out her candles.

Kylee and her very proud mommy and daddy!

Now I get to share my 5 favorite things or memories of Kylee:
1. She loves the Lord. She reminds me every night to read her bible story to her. She makes up songs about Jesus all the time and I catch little peeks of her heart through these. She says some of the sweetest prayers. She loves church and can tell you so many bible stories.
2. She has a string on her blanket that she has to hold every night before she goes to sleep. I seriously think I will have to cut it off and send it to college with her one day.
3. She tells me and Charley every night before she goes to sleep to check on her, cuddle and do something hard (she says this last one because she thinks if we do something hard she will wake up and get to see us. I have no idea where she gets this from.). She never misses a night telling us this and we do all of the things on her list and she has never woken up. My idea of something hard would be a sweet kiss on the cheek:)
4. She is so sweet to Katie (most of the time) . She has set a good example for her that Katie does everything she does from putting plates in the sink to being an expert at sommersaults. She plays dolls, games and kitchen with her daily.
5. She loves life and is excited about everyday. She ask first things what are we doing and she is pretty happy with just about anything except cleaning or laundry days. She loves most school days and play days with friends.

Charley and I feel honored the Lord is allowing us to raise her and call her our child on Earth. She is truly a joy and we can't believe it has been 5 years.

Happy 5th Birthday Kylee Brooke!!

post signature

20 comments:

Traci said...

Happy Birthday Kylee! I knew today was her birthday so I was anxious to check your blog today. I love the pictures. I remember my first visit to see her, she was so little but so long and looked just like Charley. Where has five years gone? Are girls are growing up too fast. I look forward to seeing you all in June.

I'm glad Build-a-Bear was a success. Love, Traci

Oh, thanks for the comments on my blog. I'm so glad I can be a motivation. It's really been such a life-changing event for me. Are you still running the 5K? Let me know how it goes.

Alyssa said...

Happy Birthday Kylee! I love reading about Kylee as a baby... and seeing the sweet pictures. She is such a sweet, sweet girl- we hope this next year is a wonderful for her!

LST team to Morelia, MX 2010 said...

thanks for sharing all these great and wonderful Kylee memories!! Yours and hers! Cannot believe it's been 5 years! She'll be going to college before you know it!!

~Marilyn

Kylie said...

Happy Happy birthday Kylee! Have a great day!

Cortney said...

It's hard to believe that are babies have grown up so fast! It looks like you guys have had a great time celebrating! Happy Birthday, Kylee!

Shana said...

What a sweet post, Lana! Kylee is so precious and I hope that she has a wonderful 5th birthday! It is so hard to believe that they grow up so fast!

Looks like we all made the High School Musical trip. We actually went to the one in Wichita Falls. Easton had fun, but I think he enjoyed the $15 sno cone most of all. There sure were a bunch of screaming little girls! It was so cute!I am glad that Charley and Kylee got to have a fun date night.

Holly said...

Happy Birthday Kylie! You are one of Hannah's favorite friends. Since she is disappointed I didn't name her Kylie, she named her bear after you! I can't believe you are 5!

Amy McCown said...

Happy Birthday. What a sweet little girl and such a thoughtful recap of your favorite things about her.

Anonymous said...

Yes where have our babies gone to. It looks like ya'll had a great time at Build a Bear. Claire's party is this weekend. She wanted Wizard of Oz ahhh! I took her to kindergarten screening the other day and just started crying and crying...it doesn't seem possible. I enjoy reading your blogs and keeping us with ya'll.
Love
Shawna

Kristen OQ said...

I have enjoyed watching her grow just in one year of knowing her -- so I especially enjoyed the baby pics you posted! She still looks the same!

I am so happy that Sam has a sweet friend in Kylee! Happy 5th birthday!

Emiley said...

Happy Birthday sweet Kylee! We sure love you! I remember holding you the day you were born. One of Savannah's favorite pictures to look at in her baby book is of her and Kylee on the hospital couch. Such sweet friends!!

Michael Ann said...

Isn't weird to say you have a 5 year old? I don't know, it really felt weird to me when Carson turned 5. Just seems so much older sounding. She is precious and I know you are blessed by her! Happy Birthday!

Kendra said...

Sweet Kylee . . .I love that little girl, too! And Colby sleeps with his puppy, Colby Jr. every night. Thank you, Build a Bear and Kylee!! I'm so glad Kylee and Katie are both buddies to my boys.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet post! Kylee is precious. Build-a-bear is so much fun. What a great place to have a party!

Monica said...

I love sweet Kylee even more after you sweet blog. She is such a tender little girl. I am glad she talks to me. : ) I love her party. I hear it was a great time. I was wondering why Colby had put bows on his puppy. Now I know everyone else did to. I wish I would have known her from the start. Sure am glad you guys are our friends now. Maybe Kattie can be Annie's friend and look out for her with cousin Brady. : ) See you soon friend.

daughteroftheking said...

Happy Birthday Kylee!!

daughteroftheking said...

Happy Birthday Kylee!!

Kelly said...

Hi Lana,
I'm off the lurker list and am an official commenter now. :) What a sweet birthday post for your little girl.
Kelly

Wade said...

Hey Lana,

I've discovered that blogs are great for learning which kids go with which parents in the new small group you're visiting - just thought I'd share!

Thanks for having Kelly and I to the picnic on Sunday!

Lauryn said...

How sweet!! I can't get over how time flies! NExt thing you know, we will be packing them up for college.