Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Deck the Halls

Deck the Halls and Deck my blog, holiday style. I am feeling very excited for the Christmas season to begin. This past weekend we have been preparing for the excitement. Kylee has been asking for months when we will put up the tree and get out the jack in the boxes. A note on those-for Christmas every year my mother in law gives the grandkids an ornament from the Hallmark series and Kylee's are Christmas Jack in the Boxes and she loves them. So, Sunday we got it all out and she's been playing with them. Katie likes to bite them open, skip the spin the crank, just bite it open.


On Saturday, We took my parents to the Gaylord Texan for lunch for their birthdays and took Christmas card pics of the girls. It was quite challenging to get a good photo of both of them looking pleasant but we managed to get several good enough for a collage type card. Those card pictures are really exhausting. I was sweating and tired of saying to Kylee:If you will look at the camera we will get you a milkshake and to Katie please just sit down . Below is a sample, Kylee probably earned her milkshake in this photo but is holding Katie in a elbow squeeze so she won't jump off the barrel. Is bribery bad? I think I learned that in parenting classes but I think when Christmas card pictures are at stake it is OK?!?



Decking the halls of our house. I let the girls put most the deco on our tree but most of all of it was put right where the girls are in the picture below. It is so funny that they don't notice it all rearranged the next hour or so. They had a ball and really got into it. Katie wanted to do everything Kylee did so it was very interesting.


See Kylee hang the star!
Then See Katie hang the star!


The girls also have a pink feather tree for all their decorations. They put everything from their ornaments to beads, crowns, necklaces, and they have continued decorating it over the last few days. That is why I have this tree. They can do whatever they want to with it.



One of our Christmas traditions we started two years ago was after we decorated the trees and house, that night we pop popcorn with M&M's, the girls put on their Christmas PJs for the first time and we cuddle on the couch and watch Polar Express. It has been so fun and Katie got to join us this year. It was very fun.

15 comments:

Kendra said...

I love the new blog look . . I wanna holiday change!Where did you find that?

No, I firmly believe that bribery for the sake of cute pictures is not bad. And you know, I think my boys have been able to drop the candy bribe (for the most part) because they've learned that taking good pics for Mom is just a good thing. But I carry around candy in my pocket every time just in case we need it and I'm so ok with it. But only for pictures (such rationalizing . . .).

And I love your family traditions . .I love hearing about everyone else's thoughts on what their families do! Good post.

Kylie said...

I love that tradition, we might be starting that one at the Millers! The pictures of the girls are priceless! Merry Christmas@

Amy S. said...

I just love Christmas decorating. And I love that Neely is at an age where she understands Christmas and gets as excited as I do!

I was just at the Gaylord Texan a couple weeks ago and we say so many families taking pictures. It is a beautiful place!!

Monica said...

Your post makes me excited for the day when Annie can help put the star on the tree and for more kids. BUT for now I will enjoy rocking her while I look at my empty tree. My tree has now been up for a week with no decorations. I have got to get on the ball. All Christmas, except the tree, is still in the attic!!! I have been thinking about you this week. We need another shower so we can see each other. I miss seeing you.

Jen Mall said...

Sweet pictures Lana! I love the holidays!!! What sweet memories you are making for your girls!

Emiley said...

I just love the Christmas season and all of the fun family times! I love the Polar Express and popcorn tradition! So sweet.

Emiley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I love that pink feather tree. You will have to tell me where you found it. Your girls are so cute. Avery Caroline put all the ornaments on the same spot of our tree. It was fun watching her. I also love knowing that others bribe their children. Whatever works.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for doing this blog. I love keeping up with my girls. I wish we could have been there to see them decorate the trees. I love their pink tree and how they decorated it.
Can't wait to see all of you. Give them lots of hugs and kisses for me and Pops too! Also, give one to my baby.
Love you all,
MeMe

Cortney said...

Love the festive look and the holiday music! I, personally, am not above bribery, especially when it comes to Christmas card pics. We have tried once...we'll be trying again. One more thing...popcorn and m&m's...that's our favorite movie time snack. Yummy!

Jen said...

I pull out all the bribes when it comes to Christmas pictures. We tried to get some this past weekend and I was sweating by the end of it. Love the new look of the blog!

Anita said...

I love popcorn and m&m's together. Your girls are sweet and yes, anything goes when it comes to the pics!

Amy McCown said...

The pictures are fun. They are cute in their cross outfits. Did you get them from Amy R. The pink feather tree is a cute idea. I am sure that they have countless hours of fun decorating that tree.

Whitney said...

I love your holiday blog- the colors & the fun song! Your holiday decor looks great- I'm glad the girls had fun helping decorate the tree! Those are memories that they will have FOREVER!

Jennifer Floyd said...

Lana,

I'm so glad you found our blog! It was great to hear from you! Your girls are beautiful!!! Hopefully we can keep in touch now!! Take care and happy holidays!

Jennifer (Walker) Floyd