Wednesday, March 2, 2011
Snow/Ice Storm 2011
We had a LONG snow/ice week. It was the worst case of both that I have ever seen in my entire life in person. When we woke up Tuesday morning there was thick ice all over the roads. School had cancelled the night before because it was supposed to get bad. Little did we know there would be no school for 4 days. That night the ice was so hard on the windows I had a hard time sleeping. The girls were so excited to stay home from school but it wasn't really snow playing weather. Charley got to stay home also so that was great. We cooked Monkey Bread for breakfast and then I spent the rest of the cooking...homemade brownies, crock pot fajitas, and from scratch pretzels with ham and cheese. We did puzzles, played pet shop, made a fort, scavenger hunts, and watched TV until the rolling blackouts caused our internet to go out plus TV and phone. I was not happy about that at all. But we made the best of it. We only got out once in 3 days because I was going stir crazy. On Friday we woke up to an amazing white fluffy snow. It was gorgeous and the play in it type of snow. So we went to play and sled the school hill. I tried it for the first time and loved it! We made snow ice cream, snow angels, and had snowball fights but the weather was still extremely cold so we didn't make it too long when we did go outside. It was a fun 4 days that we never see and we had a good time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment