Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Our life Happenings

We have been busy the last couple of weeks with getting well from tonsil surgery (which I will have a short update on) and trying to get ready for school, only 12 more days until school.

*Yesterday I had a girl that has done other mural type painting in my house to come over and work on Kylee's room. I am so happy with what she did and Kylee is so proud of her room. It is so cute and fun and not too baby. We have just a few more things to do to her room and it will be all finished hopefully for a while. I know there will come a time when she will have a big opinion on her room and this time she actually helped us think of what she would like on the walls and purple is her choice color.


*Yesterday Katie started dance class with her friend Camryn. She was so excited and looked adorable in all her dance clothes. I am so excited about her class. Her teacher seemed super sweet and the girls in her class are all adorable. I think this will be so fun for her and is the perfect fit for her personality.







*Kylee took gymnastics this summer with her friend Lauren and had to miss the last two classes because of her tonsil surgery but I took pics on her last day. She improved so much this summer and was able to do a great back bend, climb this rope all the way to the top, and gain greater arm strength. She is taking again this fall and also will take Tennis for a month. She was begging to take tennis so I am excited this will work out for her.








* We have still been in the healing process for Kylee's tonsil surgery. Day 6 and 7 were the worst by far. Lots of crying, not much eating and lots of sleeping. She complained a lot about her ears, head, and stomach. But by day 10 we went shopping and she played on the slip in slide outside. Today is day 13 and I really thought we were in the clear on all problems because she has been doing so good but unfortunately today at 5:45 am she started out really bad with vomiting blood and not just a little. I got real upset about it so I called the ENT office on call nurse and she walked me through everything and thought it was left over from the healing process (I will save the gross details) so we did all the things she said to do to see if the problem could be bigger but they were OK. She was so lethargic and sickly so I called our pediatrician and we went in this morning and he said she was mildly dehydrated, lost 3 pounds in the last 13 days, and all the problems were from leftover healing and she would be fine just have her rest. So we are back to the couch and lots of TV and drinking a lot more and whatever she will eat or drink. She is actually a lot better right now and even asked if she could go to church tonight. I said No she needs to rest. Hopefully this is the last of the tonsil problems. I am still glad we did it just want Kylee back to her old self:)
*We had lunch on Sunday with our supper club or lunch club from church. It was fun and we had lunch a great place for having lots of kids. If you ever really want to visit with people go to Red Brick Pizza. They have TVs at all the table and the kids were mesmerized. All the adults really got to visit. It was great!!
*I have a PTA board meeting tomorrow. I am going to be the hospitality/teacher appreciation chairman at Kylee's school this year. I am really excited about it and ready to get going on my duties. I love this type of thing and hope I do a good job.

post signature

5 comments:

amber dayton said...

We are still praying for sweet Kylee! Mae actually prays for her at every meal & bedtime without prompting. She loves her big girl friend! I love her room - the walls look great. A special room for a special girl!

Whitney said...

Wow- love Kylee's room! And of course they both look adorable in their gymnastics/dance outfits! Can't believe how high Kylee is climbing on that rope- strong girl!

Traci said...

I'm so sad to hear that Kylee has had a rough time. I pray the rough part is past and she will be back to 100% in no time.

I think it is so sweet to see their childhood friendships. I just reconnected with my childhood friend on facebook. We first met each other when I was four and she was barely walking. We need to get our girls together soon. Are you coming to the Kojie Homecoming in October?

Holly said...

I love Kylee's room! I would love to watch Katie in dance class, she is so precious. You will be a great PTA mom. So glad Kylee's surgery is behind you!

Allison said...

Kylee's room is ADORABLE! Next summer we are going switch up the kids rooms and do Harper's big(er) girl room. My wheels are already turning. I know Kylee must LOVE it!