
Monday, October 15, 2007
State Fair of Texas
Our family packed the car and headed to the State Fair on Sunday. We have only been 3 times since we have lived here. I feel it is a true Texas thing to do. We met up with my parents at the fair. They are new Texans so this was their first time and Katie's first time. We did all the normal fair stuff: Midway rides, animal sightings, Dog show, played duck carnival game, saw random dancers in the fair, and of course the famous Corndogs (Katie and my parents first Fair Corn Dog), then somehow we got a pretzel, chocolate covered strawberries, ice cream bar. It was a blast. Kylee wanted to ride everything so did Katie. She got turned away a lot but when she got to ride a ride (this was her first time to ride any sort of ride other than the carousel at the mall). She smiled and squealed with joy. A couple things I learned at the fair : you can never have enough antibacterial wipes, you will spend way too much money, and I am so thankful my parents moved here to enjoy this type of thing with us. My parents said they would go next year so it was a success. 

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









Katie loved the duck game but became obsessed with making sure they were all turned the right way. She would follow them all the way around until she got them turned up right




9 comments:
How very fun. The Vaughns have still never ventured out to the fair, but maybe next year? Glad you guys had so much fun!!
What fun! I'm glad you guys enjoyed it so much! We went for the Texas/OU game a few weeks ago- so it was super crowded! Hopefully we can go next year just to enjoy the fair!
How fun!! I have always wanted to go to the fair, but have never made it. I think I will have to go with someone other than my husband. I just don't see him as the fair type! One day I will go. Looks like it will be fun for Annie when she gets older. Your girls are so cute. Looks like the chocolate covered strawberries were good.
We have yet to venture out to the fair as a family...Last time we went I was pregnant with Payton.
When I was 3 I wandered off from my parents and they could not find me for 3 hours...they were losing it...later found me at the police station...Yikes...I think that story is enough to make me wait until my boys are teenagers! :)
So glad it was fun!
BJB
This will be my first year in ages not to go...I love everything about the fair!!
You are right...a VERY Texas thing to do. What fun! It is hot, dirty, expensive & crowded, but somehow a fun family tradition that can't be missed! :)
How fun! You will have to get Tami Davis to put you on her Annual Fair Email. It is pretty funny. It tells you the best days to go, how much it cost on what days, what shows are when etc. She doesn't miss it!
Looks like such a fun day! We haven't taken the girls.. but it looks like we definitely need to :)
Hey Lana! I cannot remember where I found a link to your blog, but was glad to find it. I am glad that all is well in Texas. Your girls are beautiful.
Post a Comment