Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, September 24, 2007

We've Been Busy

I feel like I have been on a blogging 2 week hiatus. We have really been going non stop. I told Charley last night that I feel swamped somedays and it is because we are doing too much. I feel a real tug to slow down. The busier we are the faster the girls grow up. I am really going to try to stop filling every moment of my calendar. So here are some of the things we have been up to.
First, My little Niece was welcomed into the world on Thursday. She is a little doll. I really enjoyed loving on her. Katie kept waving to her saying Baby, baby, baby, and kissing her head. Kylee kept telling people she is so pretty. When Charley and I dated he really thought his side of the family only birthed boys, what a surprise that there are 4 girls and 2 boys. He wouldn't trade his two girls but it really is funny that their are more girls : ) We love them all!!




Second, most of our street gets out after dinner most nights. There is suc a collection of motorized cars that the men thought it would be fun to see which one is the fastest. Kylee and Katie are in the middle in a Hummer (boys across the street), Escalade, and Kylee's princess car. The Hummer was the fastest and then the Princess car. The men thought it was great. It is fun to live on a fun street. This reminds me of growing up in MS. We always played with the kids in the neighborhood.



Third, We went to a children's home open house on Saturday. It is so close to our home that we would love to find ways to serve out there. We went to check it out. It was so fun. We met up with some friends out there. If you live in the area you should try to go next year. There were horse rides (both girls did this), firetruck, hayride, Spring Creek for lunch, and a chance to see people really love what they do and love children.



Fourth, My nephew Hud's birthday. He and his new sister share very close birthdays. We had a fun time wishing him a happy 2nd Birthday. Katie really tried to get in on the fun : ) We love you Hud!!!







































































4 comments:

Kendra said...

My, you HAVE been busy! I'm glad to see an update about the "other Moore's" and see Jen and Bobby's newest little one. Take care!

Anita said...

I have always wanted to go out to the Christ's Haven Open House, but just never seem to make it. We'll have to make a point next year. I know what you mean about being busy. It's almost 9 and I still have laundry going. I'm ready for a vacation!

Brooks Inc. said...

lana-

Sure been missing you! So glad all is well.

YOur kids are precious!

I am curious as to which vehicle won the race....Payton and Benjamin have an army jeep and a Dump truck that my dad has worked on (installed new motors and gears) until they fly...We only let them go on them at the ranch because we've clocked them both doing 10 miles an hour...Yikes...

Love you-

BJB

Jen said...

So glad to see the new baby girl of the family. I knew she was coming soon! Thanks for the pic!
Our neighborhood here, gets out in the evenings and and the weekends as well. It is so great and my girls love it!I know your struggle with busy-ness all to well. I am constantly trying to "downsize" on my schedule!