Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, August 26, 2010

First Day of Second Grade

Welcome to Second Grade!! I can't believe Kylee is in 2nd grade. She is on day 3 and loves it and is doing great. I felt like this year was so easy she just went in and we all smiled took pics and were out the door. No tears, no sadness from anyone. It just felt routine. Kylee got a terrific teacher this year, Mrs. Buce. I have heard she is amazing so I was very excited. She has 5 kids from her 1st grade class with her and a couple from Kindergarten. Her classroom is also in the 5th grade hall which would have been a big deal a year or two ago but this year it seemed normal. They have 8 second grade class and are the biggest grade in the school. All in all we are excited about this year and ready for the routine of school. After I dropped Kylee off I went across the hall to the library to attend the Kindergarten Tears and Cheers Breakfast that I organize. It was the biggest turnout we have ever had and I thought it went great!! I will be attending this breakfast next year as a Kindergarten parent. That is hard to believe and I am going to enjoy the next 365 days with my Katie. We are getting back into our school year routine and I think my favorite part is all the hugs I get from Katie. She also wants to be by my side every second which is something I have to get used to but I enjoy the special talks we have. She is a talker!!



























post signature

1 comment:

Traci said...

Kylee looks so happy and excited to start school. I know she will have a terrific year.