Monday, September 14, 2009
Kylee Lost Her First Tooth
It finally happened!!! Kylee lost her first tooth. I knew yesterday was going to be the day. That tooth was hanging by a thread. At naptime Kylee asked me to pull it so I tried but just couldn't get it so she worked on it herself until bedtime. I told her I would give it another try. Her teeth are so tight together that it took getting her tooth infront of the one next to it and it came right out. Not a tear and she really didn't even move when it came out. I was so proud of her and so was Katie. She was so excited she could hardly stand it. We put the special pillow case on Kylee's pillow (thanks Aunt T) and Kylee put her tooth in it. Kylee fell right to sleep but not Katie. I went up to check on them and she was smiling and I asked her what she was doing. She squealed I am so excited to see the tooth fairy:) She finally fell asleep and the tooth fairy visited leaving money and 2 suckers (Katie said that is what the tooth fairy should leave). This morning Kylee woke up at the crack of dawn before her alarm clock and came down with her treats. She was excited and said the tooth fairy left money and 2 suckers, I will give one to sister. I was so happy about that. I didn't even have to ask her to:) On a mommy note of the lost tooth. As soon as that little tooth was in my fingers I had the moment of sadness that this was the first little tooth I saw come up when she was 6 months old and now she has lost it. How is that possible that my tiny baby went from cutting teeth to loosing them in what seems like overnight. When people stop to tell me enjoy this age because it goes so fast, I am really believing it these days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
Congratulations Kylee!
Congratulations Kylee! That is a big day for kids and moms too!
So proud of Kylee - what a grown up girl! She will be so cute with a toothless grin. I heard that Anna was less than excited this morning - she is dying for hers to get loose! As I said, I am hoping we have a few more years until the braces (& bills) start, so the longer the better.
I am sure she is so excited. Ok that last part made me tear up a bit since Trevor just got his first tooth last week. They do grow up so quickly.
How exciting. Tell Kylee we are so excited for her. Tori has two teeth on the bottom that you can barely wiggly, but you can already see a new tooth behind it. Oh, I can already see braces in our future.
How exciting! They are growing up so fast.
Post a Comment