Then the week after Christmas I spent the week at the doctor. Long story short, I had been experiencing high blood pressure for a week, probably longer, but it was around 168/115 as an average so I went to the doc. He gave me medicine and took blood to see if something was causing my blood pressure. Both my parents have high blood pressure so it is just a matter of time for me. I took the meds and got sick because in 12 hours my blood pressure dropped from 168/115 to 82/42. I couldn't even raise my arms up. So back to the doctor, he was shocked by what happened and said not to take anymore medicine. My blood work came back and it showed I had a hypothyroid, pretty much no thyroid function. That explains my complete exhaustion, sleeping with 4 quilts, gaining weight,etc. So I had sono of my neck done the next day and found out I have an enlarged thyroid, Goiter. So now I am on thyroid meds and feel a lot better, don't have to have surgery yet for the goiter but maybe someday and my blood pressure is mostly good and I haven't taken anymore meds, yet. It is still borderline but OK. SO I spent lots of time in the doc. I still have to go back for more blood work on my thyroid to make sure the meds are good but I definitely see a difference in my energy, not so cold, and I have lost 3 pounds.

We had a week of lots of inside time and Kylee saw a picture of a dog at one of my baby showers when I was pregnant with her and she wanted to see it. So I got out their memory tubs and they had a ball digging through them and attempting to try on things in them. The pics below are things they tried on in their tubs. The first is Katie in her first Halloween costume. Yes she was 9 months old and she can still wear it. She turns 3 in 3 weeks. We were laughing so hard. She wore it the rest of the day. Then Kylee tried on her Easter dress from 2 years old. It is the green dress below. Yes it fit except in length and it was buttoned in the back. I can't believe she wore it at 2. Then she found a dress from when she was 9 months and it fit like a shirt. It is the black shirt with jeans on below. She wore it the rest of the day. She found the dog also but was much more interested in her clothes. This was a fun fashion day!!




The girls had fun hanging their legs over the upstairs rails saying they were at Disney World riding soaring.
On a beautiful Martin Luther King January day we went to the zoo with friends




The girls had fun hanging their legs over the upstairs rails saying they were at Disney World riding soaring.
On a beautiful Martin Luther King January day we went to the zoo with friends since Kylee had no school. It was fun to get out and the weather was really nice. The animals were also all out enjoying the weather. 



Katie had Donuts with dad/western day at preschool this past week. She was most excited to wear boots and eat with dad. They were so cute spending time together. Katie just kept giving Charley hugs.


We also got to spend some time with my sister, Ethan, and Ella this weekend because my brother in law Brian has a yucky case of flu so they left and went to my moms to try and stay well. My girls were loving all over Ella who is the sweetest little thing. She just let them love on her and didn't even whimper.




Katie had Donuts with dad/western day at preschool this past week. She was most excited to wear boots and eat with dad. They were so cute spending time together. Katie just kept giving Charley hugs.


We also got to spend some time with my sister, Ethan, and Ella this weekend because my brother in law Brian has a yucky case of flu so they left and went to my moms to try and stay well. My girls were loving all over Ella who is the sweetest little thing. She just let them love on her and didn't even whimper.








6 comments:
Good grief! I did not know you were dealing with all of that. I hope it all gets worked out very soon, not fun at all.
Wow, I didn't know that was going on. It must've been frustrating but hopefully you're getting all of the answers you need. The memory tubs pics are great!
Yea, I am glad to see a new post. I love how the old clothes still fit. I am glad you are feeling better.
Good to catch up with the Moore happenings . . so sorry you've had such a traumatic beginning to 2008!! No fun!! Hope all the "levels" and "numbers" will stay where they need to be . . praying for you, friend!!
Lana, So good to see and update-missed ya! I hate that you've been dealing with all that BP stuff, and thyroid issues. If you ever want to chat about hypothyroidism...I am a victim too! I have been diagnosed for about 4 years- it is amazing how much that little "butterfly" gland can affect every system of your body. You know the nurse in me, I am always an ear to listen. I do hope you are feeling better than ever- that must have been scary.
You guys are the cutest family and extremely photogenic!
Love ya, Wendy
Lana, I had no idea you were going through all this. How scary! I'm glad to hear things are calming down a bit and you are doing better. I plan to call you soon so we can catch up more. Traci
Post a Comment