Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Stitches, Strep, and October

Well I have a lot to catch up on. We have had a very full October and ER visit and Strep Throat house to start with in November. So a lot to talk about. Really my sweet little sister should have made the title, she spent a 4 day time in the hospital the last week of October with leaking spinal fluid that were brought on by severe headaches. We all felt so bad for her because she has a newborn and a 2 year old. I went to visit her and it just broke my heart at how she was in so much pain and they couldn't find the problem. They finally did a 2nd blood patch that showed lots of fluid in her spine (back story-she got poked 12 times to get the epidural to go in when she had my niece)so praise the Lord the 2nd blood patch worked and she is spending time with her family again headache free. Then the night my sister went home from the hospital Kylee fell at church while playing Ring a round the Rosie on the tile. She busted her chin open and had to have 4 stitches(picture below). She was so brave and really didn't cry except when she did it. Then the middle of last week I had the worst sore throat of my adult life but kept putting off going to the doctor until Wednesday morning when I could no longer swallow. I went to the doctor and sure enough Strep Throat. I slept the rest of Wednesday and a lot of Thursday. Don't really remember much about those 2 days except being very sick and not eating. On Thursday Katie decided to be like momma and get strep, YEA!! That child never acted sick she only had a runny nose but the doc did the test and Yes it is strep. I really felt a little better on Friday but still couldn't eat so I went back to the doctor Saturday and I had a little red throat still but they swabbed me for strep and it was negative. Then when I got home out the door went Charley for his own strep test, Yep, he has it now. He is better now and went back to work. Kylee is the only survivor of our strep sickness. We have bought all new toothbrushes, toothpaste, washed bedding, scrubbed counters, and Lysoled this house. Tomorrow my house gets cleaned so I will feel strep free after that but boy it was miserable. A lesson I learned through all this chaos and sickness-SLOW DOWN!!!! We have truly been so busy that we all got run down. So my commitment through this busy time of year is to slow down, rest, and enjoy healthiness and family.



So I say all of the above to say that is why I haven't posted October stuff. Kylee's chin picture below with the stitch in it.

1. Halloween Night
We had a great time starting with Jack O Lantern Pizza. Then we just stayed in our neighborhood this year and walked around and passed out candy at our house. This reminded Charley and I what we did as kids. The girls dressed up as Snow White and Pink WonderWomen. They love to dress up all the time but loved that they could wear their stuff out of the house. They got so much candy, check it out below, and enjoyed watching Kit Kittridge before bedtime.







This picture of Katie is with her favorite neighbor Dana, but Katie always calls her My Dana. Dana is adorable and so sweet to Katie. She always gives her hugs and says Hi. She is 8 years old and just the sweetest little thing. I know that is why Katie likes her so much.


Which will I choose????


2. Some extra fun Halloween stuff we do as a tradition the week of Halloween. We baked Pumpkin and Ghost cookies, Paint pumpkins and Carve a pumpkin. Kylee and Katie both have painted hair in the pics because of Red Ribbon Week at Kylee's school. It was crazy hair day. Of course Katie had to have it done too!


3. Our Small Group at Church Annual Fall Party.
The weekend before Halloween our small group had a fabulous party. It was full of fun times with friends, apple bobbing, candy walk, pinata, bounce house, and food. The girls love to apple bob. Infact, Katies friends thought it was fun to try to get an apple or just pick it up then take and bite and throw it back in and repeat with another apple. So Funny to watch!! It was so fun as always and we feel so blessed to have this group to spend time with.

This is the candy walk and I loved it because Kylee is showing Katie what to do and helping her out. Katie loved Kylee helping her.

4. The Young Families at our church had the first ever fall party at a local pumpkin patch. It was so fun. Their was a hayride, feeding animals, a rather hard corn maze, playground, pumpkins, tractors for the kids to ride, and of course fun times with friends. I really hope this becomes an annual tradition as it was so fun for everyone.




5. Visit to the State Fair.
We also made our annual visit to the State Fair in the middle of all the other stuff. The girls loved it and Charley and I just love having fun with the girls. We really love seeing them have fun together.

Whew!! There you go, OCTOBER!!!! Now lets rest and relax, just in time for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

6 comments:

Traci said...

Great pictures. Glad to hear you are all on the mend, including Tammy. I missed getting to see you but I certaily didn't want to bring home strep. I'll see you soon.

Kelly said...

That is a lot, but it all sounds like lots of fun. Except the strep. Glad everyone's better. Love the fun colored hair!

Anonymous said...

What a busy month you have had. I am sorry to hear of all the sickness and visits to the dr. and ER. That is never fun.
The Halloween pictures are great. I love how cute the girls are in their costumes. And, your small group party looks fun. What a great annual party idea!
I hope you all stay healthy!

Anita said...

I have been waiting to hear from you on here. I heard about your sister and the stitches through the grapevine, but oh my y'all have had a terrible time. I got strep last year from my lovelies at school and it was AWFUL! I don't ever remember have a sort throat that hurt quite so bad.

Y'all take care and rest up. I will pray for wellness through the holidays.
Anita

Anonymous said...

Looks like ya'll had a lot of fun, except for the stitches and strep. Would love to have had those little trick or treaters at our house. Can't wait to see all of you.

Holly said...

So sorry about all the sickness and stitches. You guys have been through it! And now we have a sick stroller, it hasn't been to the doctor yet!